Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mere humdum, mere dost...

I was all pepped up to come up with a "happy" post but I am afraid it doesn't seem likely anymore. Oh and by the way, I shall tell you something. It is a lot easier to write up a somber, gloomy, bitter or a stingy post. It is very hard to come up with a post that is happy and a fair piece of writing simultaneously- at least for me it is. Even when I am not sad I can write fair expressions that howl melancholy. The reason being that for some reason sadness appeals me. I find it attractive- beautiful, in fact. This does not mean in any way at all that I like being sad. No, I merely said that for some inexplicable reason I feel drawn towards sad things. Where as happiness, is sort of elusive and a little eccentric as well. *smiles*

Anyways, this is a nazm by Faiz Ahmed Faiz that I first read when I was pretty young and even though I could hardly understand it, I fell in love with it.


Gar mujhey is ka Yaqee'n ho, mere Humdum, mere Dost
Gar mujhey is ka Yaqee'n ho keh tere Dil ki thakan
Teri Aankho'n ki udaasi, Tere seene ki Jalan
Meri Dil'joi...... mere pyar se mit jaye gi

Gar mera Harf-e-Tassalli woh Dawa ho jis se
Jee uthey phir tera Ujra howa Baynoor Dima'gh
Teri Peshani se Dhul jain yeh Tazleel ke Daa'gh
Teri Beemar Jawani ko shifa ho jaye

Gar mujhey is ka Yaqee'n ho, mery Humdam mery Dost...!

Roz-o-shab, sham-o-sehar main tujhey Behlata Rahoo'n
Main tujhey Geet sunata Rahoo'n... halkey... shiree'n
Aabsharo'n ke... Baharoo'n ke... Chaman zaro'n ke Geet
Aamd-e-subh ke... mehtaab ke... sayyaro'n ke Geet
Tujh se main husn-o-muhabbat ki Hiqayaat kahooN
Kaisey maghroor haseenao'n key Barfaab se Jism
Garm hatho'n ki Hararat se Pighal jatey hen
Kaisey ik chehrey key thehrey hoye manoos Naqoosh ,
Dekhtey Dekhtey yaklakht Badal jatey hain
Kis tarah Aarz-e-mehboob ka shaffaf Belou'r
Yak-ba-Yak Bada-e-Ahmar se Dehhak jatay hain
Kaisey Gulchee'n key liye jhukti hai khud Shakh-e-Gulab
Kis tarah Raat ka Ewaan mehak jata hai

Yuunhi Gata raho'n, Gaata raho'n teri khatir
Geet Bunta raho'n, Betha raho'n teri khatir

Per mere Geet, Tere Dukh ka mudawa hee nahi
Naghma Jarrah nahi, Moonis-o-Ghamkhaar sahi
Geet Nashtar to nahi, Marham-e-Aazaar sahi

Tery Aazaar ka Chara nahi, nashtar key Siwa
Aur yeh Saffak maseeha mery Qabzey me nahi
Is Jaha'n key kisi Zeeruuh key Qabzey me nahi

Haan magar...
Tery Siwa, Tery Siwa, Tery Siwa...!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it happens with me too that somehow i enjoy sadness nd that sad mode..dun knw why its like dat :S...and thanks for sharing this nazm..its too gud..faiz is definitely one of the greats..

Anonymous said...

and i wonder why it happens that hamein jis cheez ka yakeen na ho, we don't do it and lose motivation to do dat..:S..it should be, we try our best without assuming..bt dun happen practically..

Post a Comment