Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Ann...

Happy Annnnn...
Itni saari knives/slicer... I wonder if it was a cake or a bakra? *chuckles* 

I've had one of the most loveliest birthdays yesterday. It was great. Only yesterday was I musing how no one brings birthday cakes for me and I've to buy it for myself (or go with papa jani, when he's here). And, yesterday only K. api brought me  a cute sa, chhota sa cake. To top it off, that too a  pineapple cake. Well, I've been craving for a pineapple cake for quite a few days and have been too lazy to buy it for myself. So, coincidentally K. api bought it for my birthday. (Okay may be facebook isn't all that bad, lol). 

Too many bingos for one day, no. I guess it was the birthday magic (working in the right direction). *smiles*

I cut two cakes yesterday. One in the evening, because I was too hungry. And, the other one just 20 minutes before the clock struck mid-night. *smiles*

Life couldn't get any sweeter. (At least, that's what Hobnob says.)

However, I cried last night. I cried like I've never before in months (or years, may be). I poured my heart out for the first time in twenty one years. I was reminded of every single shard of glass that has been stuck in my chest since ever - as far as I can go down my memory lane. And, every single shard hurt me as potently as day one. And, I cried. And, you cried with me. I cried till my eyes swelled up. Till my lungs went out of air and I gasped. I cried till I yexed.  Remembering everything, and not just remembering it but narrating everything was excruciating. Agonizing. But I cried. Because, I knew this might as well be the last time I'm crying over my wounds. Because, this might as well be the last time I felt those shards, felt the agony. Because, I knew my heart was bleeding for one last time as you yanked out the broken pieces of the glass from my chest- one by one- forever. It was painful. But, it was worth the pain. 

Catharsis.

This morning is a lot brighter. A lot clearer. A lot lighter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha at such big knives :D u people slaughtered the cake :)..i m missing pineapple cake too :(..my all time fav is black forest..nd Just as i was enjoying the post, the climax was there. A sad crying one :)..u r suited for women digest :p..Enjoy ur day after the catharsis. It really is lighter after that crying nd catharsis..

S.S said...

Glad to know that this morning is alot better than yesterday :)
Happy Birthday Belated =D
The cake looks yummy =)

Ess.See. said...

HAPPPPPPPYYYYYY BIRTHDAYYYYYY! <3

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday. :)

B. (too lazy to sign in)

Sunkee Ann said...

@ majworld: Hm! My brother used to love black forest, now it's butter scotch for him.

Sunkee Ann said...

@ salman: belated thank you. *smiles* Everything looks yummy to you, lol.

Sunkee Ann said...

@ Sid: Thaaank youuuu. :D

Sunkee Ann said...

@ B: Uh... Too lazy to what? And I thought I was the laziest person on this planet.
Thank you. :)

Post a Comment