Only lately, I have realized how hard it is to be honest... And how convenient a lie can be.
Weigh the pros and cons of revealing a truth with that of concealing it with a lie... I'm afraid I don't see how a lie may hurt you albeit, I actually know how much power a truth holds to harm you.
People aren't generous. People don't forgive. They don't forget either.
Honesty- What good is it anyway? Satisfies your conscience, and just that? And what of that life-long trust that you might lose in this noble endeavor of trying to hold up high your conscience's head, by confessing a mistake with honesty?
I don't know but, perhaps hurting your conscience with a bit of remorse is a lot easier to take than the agonizing pangs of distrust...
Call me immoral, my principles twisted, it does not matter. There's only a limit to the agony I can bear. I would rather trade honesty than buy more hurt for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment