Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sweet Escape

I want to run off to a place far far away. A place, very remote. With almost no one around, with no 'ayashi ka samaan' (as Z. puts it) around. I really want to be alone for some time. I am getting tired of people. (They might be, too). I want to give others a break. And, myself too. I want to be with myself for a while. Just me. I want to walk on the damp grass with bare feet just before the break of dawn. I want to sit by a silent lake and watch the moonlight glisten on the waters. I want to sit there until enchantment turns too mystifying and my heart sways away to the thoughts of magical creatures living underneath the shiny waters and the silence begins to frighten me. Then, I shall get up and walk away. I want to sit by the fire and hear the wood crackle as the fire devours it. I want to watch the orange flames flicker in the darkness of night. I want to stare right into it until the smoke makes my eyes tear up and forces me to blink. I want to watch it till the very end- until the fire dies. Until the last embers turn into ashes. Until it's time.

'And, she loosened the flower from her hairs and tossed it in the dying fire... For it was time- to leave...'

4 comments:

majworld said...

such escape is not very sweet..i m experiencing it :)..Last few lines were really gud. its dangerous wish u hve to watch it till the very end :)

Sunkee Ann said...

You are not experiencing an ESCAPE, to say the least. Not even close. *smiles*

majworld said...

ok..bt its hard to live in dat escape which u talking actually for long time. we can juz bear short lil breaks like dat nd dats wat we need too for getting energized...
try a trip to a peaceful place..

Sunkee Ann said...

*smiles*

Post a Comment