I am holding my happiness with all my might. But you know, happiness is just like grains of sand that can never be clenched inside our palm; the tighter we hold, the quicker they slip away from tiny crevices of our fist. Funny! I often wonder is it the happiness that runs away from me or is it me? I can never blame others for adorning me with grief. For it is always I who chooses sorrow as my embellishments. I am hypersensitive. And that is what brings me, everytime, at the doorstep of misery. It's self-inflicted, I tell you. I have realised, I am too fastidious, too fractious and this makes me so volatile.
What am I?
Dry ice!!
Highly volatile, either solid or gas, no intervening liquid form.
The only thing that stands between me and my contentment is.... I, myself. So, how do I eliminate this obstruction? Let's replace the word "obstruction" with the name of the obstruction. Here it goes: So, how do I eliminate myself? How do I remove this road block? Oh no, no! I am not being suicidal. Haha!! I need someone to heal me- heal my soul. Or as a matter of fact... My mind!! I need a psychiatrist!! Or may be I just need someone to talk to. But the dilemma I face is that I CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT TALK to ANYONE. No matter how close someone gets to me, I can NEVER confide in them. The reason, you ask? Ha! Well, the reason, my dear is, the moment I say something I really mean, something I really feel like; people stare back at me with eyes wide open as if they doubt my sanity. They think I am a lunatic. But you know, even if I, someday, find someone who understand my apparently insane thoughts and feelings; I still might not be able to TALK to him or her. It is probably an inherent limitation. A possible cause why I write a blog. Hmm... Anyways, here is Bulleh Shah's kalam, for some reason it is spinning round and round in my head at this moment.
Tere Ishq nachaya Kar Ke Thaiya Thaiya
Cheti aa'vin Ve Tabiba, Nahin Te Main Mar Gai'yaan
Cheti Bawdi Ve Tabiba, Nahin Te Main Mar Gai'yaan
Tere ishq ne dera mere andar kiita
BHar ke zeher payala mein te aapey piita
Jhabde bhaudi ve tabiba nahin te mein mar gai'yan
Tere Ishq nachaya Kar Ke Thaiya Thaiya
Chup gaya ve suraj bahar reh gayee aa lali,
Ve mein sadkey ho'van, deven murrje vakhali,
Peeran mein bhul gayian, terey naal na gayian
Terey Ishq Nachaiyan kar Ke thaiya thaiya,
Aes Ishq De KoloN, MenuN HaTak Na Maa'ye
Laho JaandRe BeRe, KehRa MoR Liyaa'ye
Meri Aqal Jo Bhulii, Naal MahaaniyaaN De Aayi Aa
Terey Ishq Nachaiyan kar Ke thaiya thaiya,
Aes Ishq Di Jhungi Vich Mor Bolen Da
Saanu Qibla Te Kaaba, Sohna Yaar Disenda
Saanu Ghaayal Karke Pher Khabar Na Layi'yaan
Terey Ishq Nachaiyan kar Ke thaiya thaiya,
Bullha shoh ne aaNda, menooN Anayat de boohay
jis ne menooN puv'aaye, cholay saavay te suhay
jaaN meN maari hai aDii, mil piyaa hai vahi'yaa
Terey Ishq Nachaiyan kar Ke thaiya thaiya,
Tere Ishq nachaya Kar Ke Thaiya Thaiya
I am not even going to TRY to translate this and neither will I use translations available over the web until and unless I find "the one" that's best. Translating this would take away so much from it. It will be just like getting gold polished; it can shine brighter but in reality its layers will have to be scraped off.
I write irksomely long posts, you say? Yes, correct it is. But then this is my blog, I shall do as I please. Thank you. =P
2 comments:
I read it all, from top to bottom.
Ann, lets start a club :P
Thankoo!! :) Chalo lets do it! I mean seriously, I wish we could have and would have!
Post a Comment