Saturday, August 10, 2019
Jet & other lags
I woke up a little before one in the afternoon today. I was a tad relieved it wasn't three again. I woke up and had chai and biscuits. I missed having chai-biscuits for breakfast, as I simultaneously remembered how being stuck with chai-biscuits, and not a rather hearty breakfast, used to agitate me back then sometimes. My home's the same, but a little more aged than I remember. Just like my parents. A part of me dreads the day I'll have to go back away. My mind is making my jet lag worse - with useless thoughts of future that I cannot do much about at the moment. I'm having a hard time staying in the moment. Especially at night, as I lie down futilely in search of some sleep. Hundreds of unnecessary thoughts shape shift into creepy tendrils protruding out of my bed and clutching me in their not tight but eerie clasp. I sat with ammi for a while in the afternoon. Told her about the meetup plan with my KP friends. A part of me wanted the plan to get canceled, but didn't want 'me' to be the one cancelling. I dropped a text on the group: "Are we on for today?" "Yes!", responded Ibis. I pulled myself up and went to pick out my clothes. More later. May be.
No comments:
Post a Comment