Sunday, July 24, 2011

Disclaimer: The author of the post takes no responsibility for your responses, no matter how agitated, to this post. Read at your own risk.


I have sort of forgotten how to start a post in an appropriate manner... It's just been too long. However, I shall try to make it sound less abrupt, but bear with me. 

I know, I haven't really shared much of what's happening these days, *Assumption Check: 'you care about what's happening at my side'* and I don't really know where to start from, or if I need to- at all. 

Let's just not go too far into the past. Let's just talk about the last week.

It has been eventful. Exceedingly eventful. If you think eventful is being used in a positive manner here, then you need to think again *hint: try thinking... not so positively, lol*. Hmm, so this client whom I thought we had put to rest- for good, was somehow awakened. And, turn out nothing short of a mayhem- for me at least. 

We received the SRR from the frenemies, or just enemies perhaps, that pointed out the errors or loopholes that we left in our work. *interruption: are you googl-ing 'SRR', if you answered with a 'yes' then... haha, I doubt you'd ever find what I meant, lol. I was trying to be cool (read: lame). Oh well, it stands for a 'special review report'. I just made that up- the 'SRR' part, not that 'special review report' you moron.* The annexures that were relevant to the heads that I covered were handed over to and I was asked to make the due changes. Being the super-genius that I am, I amended my documentation accordingly with just a flick of my left hand. *looks away and starts whistling*.

I submitted my work and frolicked around the office (actually the client's office) with a Jolly Rancher in my hand. I nestled comfortably for a good three four days, with my pretty little orange-coloured naive thoughts which lulled me to sleep every night by ensuring me that my work was done and the rest of the mess was to be covered by (codename) 'Dukhi Aatma' . Well, because it was his mess in the first place. 

But then came.... *Ka-booom*.... (wait for it).... Friday! Friday was a good day, you know. Or, at least so I thought. *frowns* The last good thing I remember that happened on that day was, me talking to (codename) '(my) Helping Hand'. After that...... Everything started going wrong, like majorly! Everything was unfolding into a catastrophe. It was chaos. End of the world, sort. Complete devastation. 

I left from work around 6:30-ish and got home by... Do you want to guess? No. Take a chance. I insist. 

9:15-ish. Oh dear God! YES! It took me almost 3 damn hours to get home, which is not in Hyderabad, I repeat! I live very much in the doomed city. My home's around 16 kilometres away from my workplace. 

What's next you ask? Next is...... getting a call from your job in-charge asking you to come on a Saturday to the firm and breaking it to you that, congratulations! You just won a lottery! *sighs* ... that you haven't covered a few activities in your process flows.

It wasn't my mistake, technically. During the assignment those activities were rendered as insignificant which meant that they need not be covered in the documentation. But, our not-so-dear enemies had an epiphany one night and decided to write down more miseries for me (unknowingly, of course). 

Dr. Dolittle (my job in-charge) back fired on the fact that we had mutually decided not to cover those activities, and inquired me as naively as was possible, why in the world had I not covered them in the first place?

Hmm. *skipping a few details* I completed my work and humpty dumpty fell from the wall, and we kinda tried putting him together but didn't work out for any of us. *stops for a moment* Err... okay, just ignore that.

I completed my work over the weekend, humpty dumpty helped, we burnt the midnight oil together. And, yeah lit up a bong too. *What? No! I didn't say what you heard (saw). You're hallucinating! What? Have you been smoking some bong lately? Tsk. Tsk. Too bad.*  Anyways, so I was invited (read: summoned) to the firm on Tuesday for the same Zombie client. Why again, you ask? Oh well, Dukhi aatma decided to fall ill and the rubble was dumped onto me. 

I was asked to print out the entire documentation for stage I, and then cross-reference it with the SRR. Bas, itna sa kaam. I and Helping Hand, did it in a jiffy. (When I typed 'define: jiffy', schmoogle said, 'jiffy is a short span of time that may just last for the entire day if you see a dark cloud hovering over your head only, with seldom heavy showers (and lightening bolts too), depending on how lovely the weather is'.)

Just when we were done with the printing and the filing of Zombie client's working papers, and started with the cross referencing, I had a manifestation that Dukhi aatma might have committed a major blunder, that would ruin my professional life for the next few days to come. I told Dr. Dolittle so. Oh nahiin, not that my prof life is going to be ruined. I told him that Dukhi has made a horrible mix-up. He told me to get done with the cross referencing and that he'd take care of things after that. Helping Hand and I, skeptical to the core, carried out the orders. We knew this was going to come running back around to us only. 

And what do you know, it did. Anyways, I'm sort of bored now, and will wrap it up. So, it took us another day and the next morning, to fix the blunders that others committed. But, we managed. Helping Hand and I make a good team. By the end, of our work Helping Hand earned the title of '(my) Helping Hand'. We were fatigued and blah. 

Later, in the evening I received a text message saying.....

"Good work at 'zombie client'"!

Can you believe it? It's a sin punishable by execution to praise someone's work here. And I got praised. Haven't heard from Dr. Dolittle ever since. Oh well, may be he was thrown to the alligators that we have in our firm's basement. Or, he was tied to the railway behind our building and a train ran over him. What can I say, will find out the story on Monday, I guess. 

"Good work..", eh? 

Yay-eee!!! 

I don't mind working my head off, if my seniors actually prove to be graceful enough to praise it afterwards.

P.S. Dang, are you still reading? I hope not- for your own good that is. Ha. The disclaimer in the title was an honest hint, you know.

2 comments:

Tauqeer said...

I wasted another 8 minutes of my life. *just now*

Wish you well though ;)

Sunkee Ann said...

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Accept my sympathies.
Although, (on a second thought) it has rendered me exceedingly delightful to have paved way for such irreversible loss.
*smiles like a Cheshire cat*

Post a Comment